Tuesday, June 14, 2005

...portrait of a young man...

being a student filmmaker the 'thing' to do is to send your work to festivals so they can be shown to other people than your girlfriend and her mum. the thing is i have now sent my film to two festivals and been rejected at both of them. and that hurts more than i like to admit. i have realised that the validation is important to me...sure, van gogh never got recognised until he had gone to a very private and long term meeting with the man in black, and yes i do view myself as an independetn filmmaker to whom 'commercial' success is not the top priority. but still i am a bit sad..bah! i'll admit it: i am pissed off and hurt! ahhh...good to get that out of my system. now i can get on with my life..move over you one-eared freak 'cause i'm ready to jump right into oblivion!

2 Comments:

Blogger Linn Søvig said...

Awww....honey!!! Unfortunately its the rejections that makes you find your focus point better, I think! Now then...please list all the student films that have been successful and the makers are still doing a good job?!
Unfortunately I think it all boils down to the sales pitch...wether it's a bohemian or alternative receiver or big shot Hollywood! Convince people that it's a brilliant movie before they see it...they'll think it is!
By the way...is this the film that I was priveleged to read the script to?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Joachim Strand said...

yes it was...mail me your snailmail address and i'll send a pretty snazzy dvd copy

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home